Sunday, October 23, 2011

Scrap Pink

This was the fourth annual
"Scrap Pink" event
held at my home
and, once again, it was a huge success
and so much fun!
Here are some "pre" pictures...
A "lite" breakfast awaits...
I figured out that even though I "turn" the picture on "Picasa"
when i download them to the blog, they go back to
the original position for some reason!!!!
Anyway, NO "Scrap Pink" is complete without some chocolate!!!!
Same thing with this picture of the pretty
pink lilies...
this is just a "few" of the luncheon choices waiting to be served
later on...of course, i forgot to take a picture of
the counter when everything was being served...
There was PLENTY!!!!
Chicken Caesar Salad, Spinach Ravioli Lasagna, Mac & Cheese,
Caprese Salad, Chickpea & Arugula Salad, Orzo Salad,
Delicious Warm Bread
And for dessert, which I also forgot to take a picture of,
there was Black-and-White-Cheesecake Squares,
Cherry Garcia Cookies and Sorbet Ruffles
Marlie and her friend Elizabeth joined us this year
and they had a great time
They loved all their gifts and prizes and raffles
Unfortunately, they had to leave early because of ballet...
but they looked so adorable in their ballet leotards...
Marlie still had her crown her...
She will always be a princess to me!!!
When they left I made some Pomegranate Cosmo Martinis...
They are Yum-O and I thought I would share
the recipe with you here...
Very Easy

Pomegranate Cosmopolitans

2 oz pomegranate juice
(try and use organic or natural so not too sweet)
1/2 oz FRESH lime juice
1 oz triple sec
1 1/2 oz citron vodka

Combine in a shaker with some ice cubes or chunks
Shake 20 - 30 seconds
(you will hear/feel the ice melt)
Pour into glass

You can make a pitcher in advance

I serve with a couple of raspberries in the bottom of the glass

DELICIOUS!!!

Back to Scrap Pink!!
It was the most successful one to date..
We raised the most money and I am happy to say
we will be sending a very nice donation to the
Susan G. Komen For the Cure!!
Whatever the amount is I am going to round it up to $500!!!
I am very excited to be sending in this amount
and I hope each year we can raise more and more!!!

Hope you are all enjoying the beautiful day
and I will have another post soon!!!

Hugs and More,
Peggy



4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful event Congratulations!! I forgot to send a check can I still send it to you or should I do something else? Sorry I completely forgot!! Let me know Love ya! Grace xoox

    PS Jenny said she saw you! How cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad it was such a big success. How cute the girls came this year! Sorry I missed it. Maybe next year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. shelley,
    it was great and your smiling face was definitely missed. hope you can make it next year!!!
    hugs
    peggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad the event was a success!!
    Awesome menu as always...

    *I'll email about fixing photo directions

    ReplyDelete