Thursday, October 28, 2010

"Backtracking"

This post was inevitable!
If you read my "about me" you know that I promised myself
for my "60th" birthday I would finally start a blog
So, I figured before it's too late, I have to tell you all about
my "60th" birthday celebrationS!!!!!
It was a month full of wonderful times spent with family and friends

The month began with a cruise with friends!!
I flew down to Florida with my dear friend Judy who has been
a friend for over thirty years
From the minute Kathy ("BFF"), Judy P. and Cipi picked us up at the
airport the partying began
Originally we were staying at Kathy's house overnight but the plans
changed the week before
Two hotel rooms were booked for all of us
Annie was picking up lunch and she was meeting us at the hotel
She was there when we arrived and it all began with
not one, but two bottles of champagne!!!!!
We had a fabulous lunch with awesome cupcakes
I then gave all the girls the gifts I bought (and made) for them
(only Debbie was not going to join us until
the next day at the cruise ship)
Here are some pictures from the hotel....
These are the flip-flops I made for everyone - how cute?!?!?!?
Left to right is Kathy, me, Judy P., Cipi, Judy R. and Annie
We are all holding our tambourines for the theme of
the cruise which is "Dancing Queen"
After lunch Kathy and Judy P. did some whispering and we all
climbed into Kathy's car and we were whisked away to....
The Boca Raton Resort (you know that famous pink hotel)
where we were all treated to the "Ritual Baths"
What a fabulous, luxurious, relaxing experience
Here I am sprawled out in all my glory....
That night Michael (my husband) treated us to a fabulous dinner
which was topped off by some awesome karaoke
led by none other..........
I started "Dancing Queen" in the hotel room in the afternoon
It continued in the evening and stayed the theme for the
entire cruise..........
Then it was time to leave the next day...
Here we are at the cruise ship...
notice to my left - the partying has begun!!!!
and finally Debbie arrives!!!
(by the way - the bag she is carrying is the other part
of the gift I bought for everyone!!)
We sang "Dancing Queen" again on the ship
Johnny Rockets made this special "gift" for me
It was a fabulous cruise...
We laughed until we cried
It is a celebration I will NEVER FORGET
I am lost in thought on one of the nights.........
The flight home was perfect and having some alone time with
Judy was special.

Then I had a couple of weeks of "down" time which was good
because it gave me time to prepare for....
I decided to make myself a birthday luncheon
I wanted to do it all myself and invite who i wanted
It was awesome...
FOUR friends flew in from out-of-town
My friend Annie flew in on Wednesday night and she was
a HUGE help
Here is Annie with one of the flower arrangements
She did all of the flowers....
While I cooked .... and cooked..... and cooked!!!
Marlie and Ellie had a fabulous time and I am so glad they were
there to help me celebrate
By the way - the luncheon was actually on the day of my birthday!!
Here are a couple of "food" pictures
Chilled Gazpacho with Jumbo Shrimp and yes, I made all the umbrellas...
Strawberry Salsa - yum-o!!!
Fresh mozzarella, tomato and fresh basil...
a view of some of the salads...
there was much, much more....
I included this picture because Jared sent me these flowers!!
the "BFF"
the "BFF" with Michael (he took the day off)
other very dear friends....
and then there were speeches
mine....
Cipi took this awesome picture (she took most of the pictures...)
Kathy's...
Danielle's...
Annie's...

and the girls never left my side....
and Lois using an alliteration with my name...
then it was Melanie's turn...
and Alli...
and finally Judy....
I was moved to tears, I laughed and was amazed at the things
my friends and family had to say about me
I was overwhelmed at the accolades they bestowed upon me

Then finally it was time for dessert...
There were many more but I have "bored" you to tears already
I leave you with this final picture of the day
My granddaughters made me this beautiful frame
I will cherish it forever as I will the memories of this day
I also received incredibly beautiful and generous gifts

more celebrations will follow....


No comments:

Post a Comment