Saturday, October 30, 2010

A Little Bit of This and A Little Bit of That

I told you in my very first post that my blog would be a
"little bit of this and a little bit of that"
Well, that is exactly what my day has been like

I have kept a journal for many years (on and off)
Mostly it has been a gratitude journal, writing five things
I am grateful for each day
This way I would only dwell on the positives and not the negatives!
Now that I am doing this blog there is just not enough time
to do both, so I decided that I would print out each day's post
and keep them in a journal
So this morning I decorated "My Blog Journal"
I have been putting in all my posts
I had this great notebook and took a bunch of letters I had and
leftover ribbons and now my book is complete!
It made me happy and put a smile on my face

I did a few more things in my "room" but I had promised Michael that
we would spend some time together
The last five out of seven Saturdays have been spent
devoted to either teaching or something to with crafting
It was definitely his turn

First we went to Toys 'R Us to buy birthday presents for
our great-niece, Avery and great-nephew, Luke
They are sister and brother born eight days and two years apart
Usually I feel "lost in space" when I go to Toys 'R Us
but my niece Christine made some suggestions
So this is what we ended up buying
This is Avery's present...
Christine said she is going to LOVE it!!!!
and this is Luke's gift...
I know this made Michael happy
Let's hope Luke loves it as much as he does!!!!
I always include the gift receipt because I would much rather
they return they gift for something else than end up
never using it!!

Then it was time to eat (remember, I was with Michael)
Michael had read that a new place opened in New Brunswick that he
thought I would like
He had eaten in one near his office in New York
If you have never eaten in one you must see if there is one near you
It is called Maoz Vegetarian (YES - MICHAEL SUGGESTED THIS)
It was awesome, great, delicious, fabulous!
I had a falafel salad with two add-ons (feta cheese and hummus)
I was not blogging when Michael and I went to Israel, but I was
known as "The Falafel Queen" because I ate
falafel EVERYDAY on the trip!!
I am trying to lose some weight so I had the salad,
which comes with FIVE falafel balls
I only ate two of them (Michael had the rest)
Michael ordered a regular falafel and loved it
I highly recommend this place
Everything is fresh and it all looks great

Then we came home
Michael is reading
I am blogging and then I am going to do some work on the
Inspiration Book
Then we are going to rent a movie on "On Demand"

Dinner - who knows!  who cares!

We have a great day planned for tomorrow
so stay tuned for tomorrow's post

Hope you are all having a fabulous weekend

Until next time I leave you with this...

"When you follow your BLISS
doors will open where you would not have thought
there would be doors!

Hugs and More,
Peggy

1 comment:

  1. Peggy, I saw commercials for the Leapster on TV and it looks really cool. Sounds like you had a nice weekend and love your flower banner.

    ReplyDelete