Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Important Message....

Hi Everyone!
I have really missed all of you and missed blogging.
I have so much to write and show you
but this post is for a different reason.

Almost one year ago my very dear friend was diagnosed
with incurable breast cancer.
She was told it was treatable, but there was no cure.
It had spread into the wall of her chest.

Monday, when I landed in Newark airport there were several
text messages from Lois
(I knew she was going for her "PET" scan last Friday)
I read the words I thought I would never see
"call me quick, I am in remission!"

How absolutely fabulous is that!
The icing on the cake!

I also have a friend from childhood who lives in
San Francisco and she has breast cancer, but she
was very fortunate.
It was caught early and a new kind of radiation helped her fight
this dreaded disease.
(five intense days instead of once a week)
My son Jared has a friend who is undergoing chemo
as I write this.
She will then undergo a double mastectomy with reconstruction
and then possibly radiation.
She is only 34 years old!

Why am I telling you all of this?
Because once again I have signed up for the
Susan Komen North Jersey Walk For the Cure.
I have always been an advocate for Susan Komen and I
think the organization does incredible things and has helped
make wonderful strides in breast cancer research.
If anyone out there can find it in their hearts to make
a small donation it would be greatly appreciated
I walk for everyone - and hope one day in our lifetime 
there is a cure.

To donate online, click here.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart

Hugs and More,
Peggy



No comments:

Post a Comment