Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Where In The World Am I Going Now???

I am off again to another wedding this weekend
Our third and final "away" wedding since July
This one is in Florida at "Mar-a-lago"
Yes, that one, the one that is owned by Donald Trump!
The good thing about this is that I get to leave tomorrow
and spend two days with my "BFF"!!
So this is a good thing
I do not know what our plans are but you will
know next week
Michael is not flying down until Saturday
He will meet me at Kathy's house and we will have
lunch with Kathy and Jeff
Then we will drive to our hotel in Palm Beach
(we are not staying at the "Ritz" - we are at the cheapie hotel)
There is a dinner Saturday night
Sunday we will meet some friends for lunch
The wedding is Sunday night at 5:00 PM
Monday morning is a brunch and we fly home in the afternoon
So.... I will be in blog withdrawal beginning tomorrow
I can blog from my i-pad but I just do not think I
will have the time and it is not so easy to add pictures
So I will be mature about it and wait until next week
I am sure you will all be able to wait
until next week to hear about my life

As for today, this was in the mail when I arrived home
these are Ellie's colors she selected for her Chanukah gift
the colors are:  screamin' green, blue bell, purple pizzazz
and robin's egg blue
these are Marlie's colors:
illuminating emerald, inchworm, screamin' green & caribbean green
every pack is so pretty
Now I have to order them for my great-niece Avery

I decided (at the last minute) to (literally) put together
a nice dinner for me and Michael
I had taken out some shrimp (fresh frozen)
and Michael thought I was just going to throw them into a salad
I was not in the mood for a salad and this is what I made

The picture really does it no justice
It is shrimp with feta cheese in tomato sauce over pasta
(with some capers thrown in)
This is how simple it is
Slice up some fresh garlic and saute it in warmed olive oil
Add the shrimp and saute until a little golden
Add a can of crushed tomatoes (the Italian kind)
Start the water boiling for the pasta
(I used the "healthy" kind from Wegman's)
I added some sea salt and two shakes of hot pepper flakes
to the tomato mixture
Simmer over a low flame
When the water is boiling, add the pasta
Now add the diced feta cheese to the tomato mixture and simmer
for about five to ten minutes
When the pasta is done, drain in colander and let sit
Add some capers (optional) to the tomato mixture
Raise the heat a drop and bring to an "almost boil"
Place pasta in a pasta bowl
Pour tomato/shrimp over pasta
Mix and enjoy!!
This is really quick and easy
I hope you like this recipe
As for amounts that is a hard question
I used about 1 lb shrimp
3 lge cloves garlic, sliced
a large can of crushed tomatoes
about 8 oz feta cheese
a 14 oz box pasta
capers, to taste
I think that does it

So I MUST go pack
It is 8:30 PM and I have not done ONE thing
except print my boarding pass and pay for my luggage!
Have a wonderful weekend
I will take LOTS of pictures and you will hear from me
next week

Hugs and More,
Peggy

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! on starting your blog! Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. zandra
    thanks for becoming a follower! you were so right - i am LOVING "blogland"
    hugs and more
    peggy

    ReplyDelete