Sunday, November 28, 2010

THANKSGIVING WEEKEND - #4

Saturday - a lazy day!
Nothing planned!
Nothing to do!

It took until noon but we finally ALL got out of the house
(Jared left to go home to Delaware)
We went to a really cute store in Monroe called
"Country Hearts" (www.countryhearts.com)
to buy a Chanukah gift for someone
All of us and Danielle's sister were chipping in.
This is the girls while we were selecting the gift
Thank heavens for "DS" machines....
We all piled back into the car and then it was the big
decision...
WHERE DO WE EAT????
I had mentioned this place in the morning
It is in Westport and was always a little famous..
It was put on the map so to speak after...
I happened to see this segment and I mentioned it to
Noel in the morning
(Noel and Jared were watching the food network
and it reminded me)
I have to tell you, it was great
and worth the twenty minute wait....
This is the guy that can make you famous....
This is just one page of their four-page menu
Talk about not eating healthy....
We started off with a large snack attack
(loaded potato skins, wings and fried mozzarella)
and a chili nacho supreme with guacamole
The mozzarella was the best!!!!
They are really known for their burgers!
Michael ordered the "doctor proctor" bleu cheese burger
and was NOT disappointed in the least.
Noel ordered the "big top" burger which is covered with
bacon, fried onions and BBQ sauce.
He finished every morsel of it.
Danielle and I had the lobster roll (no butter) and it was
pure lumps of fresh lobster.
If you are ever in the Westport, Connecticut area
I suggest making a stop here....
Then I wanted to stop at Trader Joe's on the way home.
They now make white chocolate chips that are nut-free,
so Ellie will be able to eat ALL of the cookies I make!!
First we stopped into Pier One so Danielle could buy a few
more napkins...
Ellie is always the character....
and in Trader Joe's Ellie gets her own wagon
and went straight for the pita bread she loves...
We shopped quickly, went back to the kids house,
I packed up all my stuff and we were off...

It was a great weekend
I LOVE being with my family
The holiday was great...

As I said before, I hope your holiday
lived up to all your hopes and dreams.

Now I MUST start getting ready for Chanukah.
Chanukah begins THIS Wednesday night.
Because Marlie is in the "Nutcracker" from her ballet school,
I have a reprieve for two weeks.
We are not celebrating with the family until the
weekend of December 18th!!
Lucky for me.
Not ONE gift is wrapped
I still have more gifts to buy, but I am pretty close to being
"almost" done.
It is not easy to "decorate" for Chanukah, but over the
years I have accumulated a few things.
Check back tomorrow to see them...

I hope you have all started your holiday shopping.
From all reports the stores have been busy,
people have been spending and that is a good thing!!

Until next time...

"SCRIBBLE DAILY and have
RANDOM THOUGHTS"

Hugs and More,
Peggy

No comments:

Post a Comment