Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sunday Ramblings...

I thought I would be inside all day working on cleaning up
"my room" and getting projects done, etc.
This morning I decided it was time to clean up all of the old
plants, shrubs, etc. outside.
It made me kind of sad when I looked at this
This was one of my hydrangea shrubs and this
was one of my peonies...
As I was thinking about how "depressing" it could be with
winter coming I saw NEW GROWTH coming out of
some of the plants -
How could that be at the end of November when everything
was "dying"???
It made me realize that there is hope and birth and new
and wonderful things to look forward to
And, the possibility that next summer's weather will not
be as hot as it was this summer so my
hydrangeas and peonies can thrive....
What a great thing to think about!
I guess because I was thinking about flowers, I decided to
check on the dates of the
Philadelphia Flower Show for 2011
and guess what!?!?!?!?!
The dates are all set for the week of March 6th, 2011 and you will
not believe what the theme is....

SPRINGTIME IN PARIS!!!

What a wonderful trip to look forward to.
If you have not attended I highly recommend it!
This will be my fourth year in a row attending and I love it.
I am VERY excited about the theme this year.
I am SURE it is going to be fantastic....

So after cleaning up outside I decided to put out all of
the Chanukah decorations...
This is on the front door...
This is the electric menorah we use in the window...
This is the menorah we actually use for lighting the candles...
I have had it for about fifteen years and I love it...
It is handmade by a company called "LESAL"
Mark bought me this menorah last year and it is by "Brighton"
They make some beautiful Judaic items
But my menorah award goes to...
This menorah is by "Mackenzie-Childs" and was bought for me
last Chanukah by my brother.
He ALWAYS buys me the best gifts
(with the assistance of my niece, Sari).
Danielle and I each bought one of these on our last
visit to Disney...
When we saw it we had to have it since it is so hard
to find decent Chanukah decorations...
I made this dreidel from scratch a few years ago...
This is supposed to be a menorah but I use if for decorations.
It is ceramic blocks with different words and pictures.
I love it and it took me a lot of searching to find it.
I had seen a picture in a magazine and it was not easy to find...
I made this banner a few years ago when the
"heidi swapp" cards were all the rage
and I still love it...
This is the wrapping I selected for this year
I wanted to use something recycled so I found this
polka dot kraft wrapping at Target...
I made all the tags!!!
I could not show you the table since many of the UNWRAPPED
gifts are on there....

Whatever holiday you celebrate may it be wonderful
filled with only good things...

Until next post I leave you with...

"Call it a clan, call it a network,
call it a tribe, call it a FAMILY!
Whatever you call it, whoever you are,
YOU NEED ONE!"

Hugs and More,
Peggy

10 comments:

  1. What a Fabulous Post! I have heard of the FLower SHow and never had a chance to go but I am loving the theme so I hope the weather is nice so I can go! Thanks for posting the theme. Your decorations are beatiful. Hugs Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grace,
    Hope you had a fantastic weekend...
    Thanks for your post! I am SO excited about the flower show....and thanks for your comment on the decorations. It has not been easy to find nice ones....
    Hugs and More,
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pegs,
    This is the fourth time I am attempting to write a comment. The first time was when you first started the blog. Hope it works this time. Thanksgiving looks like it was great...it is always great when it is about family being together and creating memories.

    Love Ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. lois
    it worked!!! i am excited.
    thanks for staying with it.
    love ya
    miss ya
    hugs and more
    peggy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just loved the Menorah tour, each one is so unique. My sister always wanted one, even though we are Catholic, she thinks they are so beautiful, I know she would like the "Brighton" one best. We always play the Dreidel game with my niece Haley!!!

    I remember when we made the banners!! Last year I participated in a swap where you made only the front of Christmas cards, when you received them you finished them off anyway you wanted. I turned mine into a banner,once again you inspired me!

    Sending wishes for a "Bright and Happy Chanukah"

    ReplyDelete
  6. rachel
    thank you! thank you! and I still have the beautiful chanukah album you made for me last year. it hangs in my room where I can see it all the time. hope all is going well. thinking about you.....
    hugs and more,
    peggy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peggy, I also loved the Menorah tour. They are all so beautiful but having a Mackenzie-Childs one is so special for you. I love reading your blog. I just read your post about what the girls did with your jewelry. So sweet. Happy Chanukah to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Regina,
    Thank you, once again, for your kind comments. I am so happy to share with my friends and family all my "ramblings". So excited to see you next week....
    Hugs and More,
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  9. love reading your blog, peggy! i love how you notice the little moments of life and capture them for us to appreciate. it's like freezing memories...

    ReplyDelete
  10. lynn,
    thank you for noticing what i write about. i so appreciate it. miss you girlfriend...
    hugs and more
    peggy

    ReplyDelete