Monday, November 1, 2010

"Sunday, Sunday" on "Monday, Monday"

I am going to try and re-create my post from last night
I have gotten over my trauma and I am ready to write!!!!

I began by telling everyone that I hoped that had
a wonderful Halloween
This was a picture I took at Tinsel Trading last week and
saved to post "today"
This was the first time in several years that we did not go
trick 'o treating with the kids
The timing just did not work out but here they are in
their costumes...
Ellie was Wendy from Peter Pan...
Marlie was Peter Pan....
They had a great time and got lots of candy!!!

Michael and I had a great day
I had promised him we would spend the whole day
together since five out of the last seven
Saturdays have been spent without him
doing stuff related to "art" and "crafting"
It was definitely his turn
We got up early and left the house and went to the
Golden Nugget Flea Market
There were not as many goodies as when I went three weeks ago
but i managed to find a couple of good finds
I did take some nice pictures
Very interesting gourds...
more gorgeous cabbage...
I must say Michael found this picture....
is this so cute???

We left the flea market and drove to New Hope
We parked our car right in front of this charming home

so perfectly manicured
and this tree was next door and I loved it's natural beauty...
We walked right to Starbucks (me) and Dunkin Donuts (him)
From there we walked around town for about two hours
What a pleasure to walk around without the crowds
Many of the stores were not open but that was OK!!
We discovered that going early is a BIG plus
There was a different feel to everything and I
took some amazing pictures
I would LOVE to have a porch like this
the following pictures need NO narration....

we were almost at the edge of "town" and we saw this
across the street so we crossed over to take a picture
how cool...
then we saw a flight of steps so we walked up and
this is what we found...
there are not words to describe the beauty of this
it is the old Delaware Canal that has been kept "in tact"
I cannot tell you how many times we have been to New Hope
and we have never seen this
It was wonderful and probably because there were no crowds
and we were walking with a different purpose

Walking back we saw this in a window
A mannequin decorated with pieces from Candyland
and...
giant button candy

This picture is from a store where we bought
Marlie and Ellie each a Chanukah present
The picture has nothing to do with the gift
We just thought it was a cool picture
This store was not open

if they had been I probably would have bought this...
walking back there were these amazing sights...
We walked back to the car and then drove over the bridge
into Lambertville and had brunch at...
it was delicious
This cool trunk was right behind Michael's chair...
a few more great photo op's...
We left Lambertville and took a leisurely drive towards
Montgomery Township where we were going to a movie
Along the ride we saw this...
and this...
Some of the wonderful "sights" you see when you take
a drive in the country
So this is the movie we went to see
in case you cannot read the title it is
"Mao's Last Dancer"
I am telling you RUN, do not walk, to see this movie
Michael was only going to appease me because he
knew I wanted to see it
He never thought it was going to be good or that
he would like it in the least
HE LOVED IT!!!!

There were several adorable children ringing our doorbell for candy
I retired to bed by 9:30
Watched some quality TV
The Giants won!!

It was a great day
I hope you all had a great Halloween
and a nice new November and Monday!!!

I leave you with this...

"CREATIVITY IS ALLOWING YOURSELF TO MAKE MISTAKES.
ART IS KNOWING WHICH ONES TO KEEP."

Hugs and More,
Peggy

2 comments:

  1. Hi Peggy!! Glad I found you!!! Beautiful pictures!! It was nice to see you at Lambertville Sunday Morning!! Looks like you had a wonderful day and found lot's of goodies!! Love the pumpkins...those kind are my favorites!!! xoxoxoxo ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl,
    Thanks for the comments! Loved seeing you.
    Hope we can all get together soon.
    Hugs and More,
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete