Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I Have Been Asked....

Good morning blog fans!
Hope you are having a fabulous week.
Enjoy the last day of November.
Very hard to believe that tomorrow is December
and that it is the last month of 2010!
Didn't I JUST get used to writing 2010!?!?!?!
Where did the time fly?
Too scary for me....

When people visit my home there are certain "things"
I have made that they always want to know
"HOW" I made them.
I decided to take some pictures of these "things"
and you can see for yourself...
If you want or need more specific directions just let
me know and I will try and help you.
Some of the things I just make with no directions
or rhyme or reason.

I do get asked often about my "printer's box"
which used to house my miniature collection
(that goes back over 35 years ago)
This is how my printer's box looks today
I cleaned it up, painted it shabby white
and filled it with all different kinds of flowers
It was "easy" to do and I had most of the flowers
(from the days I had a "card" business)
Just squeeze the flowers in tight and use a glue gun

This table i decoupaged with Anna Griffin papers
I did this about ten years ago and the table still looks great
(actually, Michael built the original parson's table and that
table is over thirty years old!!!)
Again, this is very easy to do and you can cover anything....

We bought this antique chest almost thirty years ago
and it was originally brown
When I redid the room it is in I also redid the dresser
I painted it white, changed the handles and bought some "add-ons"
Now it is a Shabby Chic Chest
I have seen dressers like this on-line and on eBay for
well over $500
The original dresser cost us about $130
Not a bad investment

This chair was a $25 investment at a flea market
over thirty years ago....
I painted it white and added a needlepoint I made
with nail heads all around....
This chair is used with my roll-top desk
(a true vintage antique I bought over thirty years ago)

I am always getting asked about this project...
It is a shadow box and the design for the box was inspired
by a "Sarah Jungg" piece
I adapted it to my "house" and things I had
It was lots of fun to make and VERY easy....
It has been hanging just like this for at least twenty years....
If I were making it today I would do it a little different,
but I will not change a thing.....

This was inspired by a Donna Downey canvas
I hope to do more like this
I LOVED making this one...

This canvas was from an on-going class where we
added a new technique or dimension each month
The picture does not allow you to see all the dimension
and texture, but it was a great project...

This is an embroidery project I made
and I loved every second of it...
I covered a canvas with vintage music note paper and then
attached the piece to the canvas with pins....
The original design was inspired by Teresa McFayden
I took her "map" and then did my own thing....
I want to make another one!!!

And this last picture shows the results of an
"encaustic painting" class I took
Again, it is hard to see all the texture in the picture
I loved this class and hope to incorporate
encaustic in a future class....

So, what inspires you?
What are some things that you have made
and ended up loving to pieces???

Send me some pictures or just let me know...

Have a great day

Until next post I leave you with this...

"CREATIVITY"
It has been said,
Consists largely of re-arranging
what we know
in order to find out
what we do now know!

Hugs and More,
Peggy

2 comments:

  1. eeek! My favorites! I love all your art pieces. I don't remember seeing the table but it looks so beautiful as does your whole house. It was so wonderful and inviting. Thanks for sharing some sunshine on this misble day! Grace xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks girlfriend. still waiting to see more of your fabulous ny pictures. i will be in the city next week and am so excited about seeing all the windows. stay dry, my friend...
    hugs and more
    peggy

    ReplyDelete