Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Tim's Tags - Day One!

Happy December!!!
The weather today feels and looks like winter,
but there is sunshine coming later in the week.

How many of you have followed Tim's tags in the past?
Well, today begins his fourth year.
Last year I was hooked on it and even taught
some of the techniques in the Monthly Layout Class
The students loved it and it was great to see
the way everyone interpreted the challenge.
Last year I spent a fortune buying almost everything he used!
This year I am going to try and do all of them, but I do not
plan on buying everything he suggests...
I will improvise and use my stash
(I certainly have enough of it)
I am also going to try and have a "theme" for my tags,
since I do not celebrate Christmas....
Wait and see - I have something in mind but I do
not know if it is going to work!!!!
I will try and post his tag and the one I have done,
maybe not everyday, but as often as I can.

So here is tag #1
Really nice, just too "wintry" for me and
I was NOT buying the two dies I did not own
Here is my version...
Quite different but the same message...
Welcome to my home
What you cannot see is that the little box I used as
a "chimney" says "chanukah candles"
How cute is that - dug that up from my stash of old miniatures
when that white printer's box I showed you yesterday
(the one filled with flowers)
was used for all my miniatures.

I used the same technique he used on the actual tag,
using spun sugar, victorian velvet and heirloom gold
perfect pearls mist.
I used a house that I had and covered it with glazed argyle paper
from bazzill and inked over it with black soot - then I took a
baby wipe and wiped the ink off - the glaze acts as a resist.
I took a piece of a real branch and covered it with Tim's tissue tape
That is a great technique and the tape is so easy to use.
The "door" is an old watch face with a stone for the handle.
The "windows" are an old domino and I had the heart wreath.
I had the fence and sprayed it with some of the heirloom gold
perfect pearls mist.
The box is the chimney and the end of a q-tip is the "smoke"
I used an old ticket stamped with a house on it on the side
(I might change that)
If you have questions just email me or leave a comment.

Have a great day
Stay dry....

Until later

Hugs and More,
Peggy

6 comments:

  1. Love your tag. I want to know what time you got up this morning to actually check Tim's tag and then make your own. Phew! Very nice adaptation of his.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regina
    I have been up since four, but stayed in bed until about 5:30. Just could not sleep. Glad you liked the tag. I was a little "bummed" out when I saw the first one - not my favorite!!! But there are 11 more to come... Have a great day.
    Hugs and More,
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh! I didn't know about these tags -- thanks for sharing! Yours looks fab -- I think I like it better ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. sheila
    have fun with the tags - you ALWAYS learn something!!! happy chanukah. hugs and kisses to everyone. thanks for commenting and reading!
    hugs and more
    peggy

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it, peggalah! YOU inspire ME!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks lynn,
    and YOU inspire me too!!!
    see you tuesday!!!
    hugs and more
    peggy

    ReplyDelete