Thursday, December 16, 2010

You Will Not Believe This....

I am alive and kicking...
Still not up to par, but I have to tell you what happened
to me yesterday!
In the morning, for no reason at all, I decided to check
my balance in my checking account
(this is my personal account, not our joint account)
SO GLAD I DID!!!
I discovered I was the victim of ATM FRAUD!!!!
Three (3) withdrawals had been made - each for $503 -
from three different banks in NORTH CAROLINA!!!!
To say I was upset is putting it mildly!
I spent 2 1/2 hours at the bank and the police station
I had to file a police report because it was over
five hundred dollars!!
Can you believe....
There are other ridiculous, aggravating details to the story,
but the bottom line is
No money back for at least ten days while they investigate -
No checking account -
No ATM card!!!!

Moral of the story is...
EVERYONE, go online and check your account at least once
or twice a week.
Look for anything suspicious and REPORT IT IMMEDIATELY.
I will keep you posted on what happens...

I will be back to blogging eventually.
I have been doing reverb10, but not posting it
A lot of it got way too personal (LOL)!

Hope you are all enjoying the holiday season
Stay well!
Stay healthy!
Stay safe!

Hugs and More,
Peggy

2 comments:

  1. OH my! That's terrible! Mike and I fear that all the time, and it seems no matter how careful you are it can still happen. I hope things work out. I smiled when I read your comment about reverb10. Because I know where you are coming from. I've been writing in my journal and hope no one ever reads some of it LOL! Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. shelley
    i am off to get the police report.
    just be careful and check your account
    hugs and more
    peggy

    ReplyDelete