Sunday, November 28, 2010

THANKSGIVING - #3

So now it is Friday.
Danielle had to go to Philadelphia with her sister, Shari
to do something with their Mom.
It was Me, Michael, Noel, Jared, Marlie and Ellie!
Ellie had a birthday party, so Noel and Jared took
her to the party.
Me, Marlie (Marlie's friend Elizabeth)
 and Michael went to see "TANGLED"
It was wonderful - we ALL loved it...
The story, the music and everything about it was great...
And even better was seeing at the end -
"Lyrics by Glenn Slater"
I always get so excited when I see Glenn's name!
After the movie we all met at Panera Bread for lunch.
Back at the house, Noel made a fire, the girls played
with their American Girl dolls for awhile.
Then Ellie came downstairs and Uncle Ja-Ja (Jared)
had a surprise for Ellie.
He bought her a couple of board games she had wanted.
When Jared was a little boy I think we played about
a million games of "Sorry".
So we opened the box and the three of us played Sorry.
I forgot how long one game could take,
but I have to tell you, it was fun.
Fair and square, at the last second, Ellie was the winner!!!
Then the "big" girls came down and they wanted
to play, so the three of them played again.
Then Jared called his friend and the idea arose to
go to a hockey game in Bridgeport at the Arena at Harbor Yards -
Bridgeport vs Hartford - big rivalry.
I have to tell you that I have NEVER been to a hockey game
and I love sports.
My mother told me that when she was eight months pregnant
with me she went to a game and she hated it
so that is why I never went
(great logic!!!)
So here is the ice after the "Zamboni" machine made it
nice and shiny
The girls loved watching it...
This is the Bridgeport mascot they blow up and the
players come out from its mouth...
I have to say they play GREAT music at these games!!!
Ellie found a great use for the cup holders while we were
waiting for the game to start...
Here come the teams.....
and an adorable boy scout troop brought out the flag...
 
can you guess what this is?
if you guessed cotton candy (pink) you are right...
when the men start looking a little bored you know it
is time to leave...
(Bridgeport was losing 2-0)
So we left after the second period!
It was fun and I can finally say I have been to
a hockey game.
Not that it was on my "bucket list" or anything like that,
but I am glad I went...
Here is the best part...
One of Noel's friends calls him the next morning
(he was at the game)
We missed the BEST period!
Bridgeport tied the game, it went into overtime and then
it went into a shoot out and
BRIDGEPORT won!!!
Oh well, what can you do....

We got the girls to bed and Danielle arrived home
around ten
Everything went as good as she had hoped for....
That's a good thing!!!!

Saturday's post will be next...

Hugs and More,
Peggy

No comments:

Post a Comment